Where did the Bass Listers Go?

This is the place for all audio-related discussions, which are not covered in any of the other sub-forums.

Re: Where did the Bass Listers Go?

Postby sekkes » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:16 pm

Deon,

I'm around, although not very regular. H:owever this is a design I've been waiting to see, so please share it with us.
sekkes

Postby audioaficionado » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:03 am

I've managed to make the move over here but busy with a full time night job and a full time college respiratory care program keeps me slammed.

I'm still interested in this project 8-)
Steve Hanna
audioaficionado

Postby dB » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:16 am

moving forward.

question - which system would you all preffer first? Floorstander LCR, in cabinet LCR, or in / on wal LCR?

dB
________
dB
dB

Postby gjo » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:04 am

I presume "floor stander" means a tower cabinet, and "in wall" I understand. Whats does in cabinet mean? Is it like a stand mounted monitor?

Thanks
George
gjo

Postby gjo » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:07 am

Also to get others interested, may I suggest that it makes sense to call this thread or start a new thread called "DIYspeakers HT project" or something like that..

George
gjo

Postby y8s » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:57 pm

dB wrote:moving forward.

question - which system would you all preffer first? Floorstander LCR, in cabinet LCR, or in / on wal LCR?

dB

I think you should choose the one with the biggest market or you'll get answers like "all of the above". Make it a bookshelf that can be cabinet mounted or stand mounted if you have to compromise maybe?

Or modular 3 ways that are 80-100Hz to 20kHz as a 2-way or 20-20k with the "bass module" built in to make it a floor-stander.
y8s

Postby dB » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:59 pm

gjo wrote:Also to get others interested, may I suggest that it makes sense to call this thread or start a new thread called "DIYspeakers HT project" or something like that..

George

See thread:

http://forum.diyspeakers.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19

y8s wrote:
I think you should choose the one with the biggest market or you'll get answers like "all of the above". Make it a bookshelf that can be cabinet mounted or stand mounted if you have to compromise maybe?

Or modular 3 ways that are 80-100Hz to 20kHz as a 2-way or 20-20k with the "bass module" built in to make it a floor-stander.

I am doing all of the above style variations with the same drivers, and a couple surround variations. It is designed to meet a certain set of specifications for High End HT systems I cannot divulge, and as a result cannot claim specific "specs"
________
dB
dB

Postby Steve Houlihan » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:39 pm

I'm still around once in a while but must admit I only visit every few months. The old format suited me much better. I had a heck of a time finding my login info just now. Just too much hassle!

Aside from that I am interested in the Bass list HT system. Please let me know how to get more info on it. What is Deon's website or such.

Thanks from a Grumpy Old Man

Steve Houlihan
Steve Houlihan

Postby erb2000 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:01 am

[quote="Steve Houihan"]I'm still around once in a while but must admit I only visit every few months. The old format suited me much better. I had a heck of a time finding my login info just now. Just too much hassle!

Grumpy Old Man -- You can still get the posts delivered by email. And you can have the computer remember your login info.
erb2000

Postby Steve Houlihan » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:00 pm

As I mentioned, I only log in once in a while. Thanks for the message but please let me know how to go back to email rather than forum style and could you please tell me Deon's website so I can check on this HT system. Sounds interesting.

Not quite so grumpy today,

Steve Houlihan
Steve Houlihan

PreviousNext

Return to DIYSpeakers general discussion