Where did the Bass Listers Go?

This is the place for all audio-related discussions, which are not covered in any of the other sub-forums.

Where did the Bass Listers Go?

Postby dB » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:55 pm

Looking at our forums specs I see:

Total posts 363 • Total topics 76 • Total members 213 •

What happened to our Bass Listers? I ask because I finally have the information I needed to do our Bass List Ultra HT System, and it seems we are virtually no more..

dB
________
dB
dB

Re: Where did the Bass Listers Go?

Postby Brian Steele » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:51 pm

Hey- I'm still around... :-).
Brian Steele

Postby y8s » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:18 pm

Brian, maybe a prominent link on your site might help promote it.

There's a few of us lurking but I think there was definitely a bit of a culling as the list migrated. I think also that many of the members were more into the "semi-passive" aspect of the email venue.
y8s

Postby dB » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:03 am

Brian Steele wrote:Hey- I'm still around... :-).

Glad to see you're still around Brian, How's Things?!?!
________
dB
dB

Postby Brian Steele » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:10 am

y8s wrote:Brian, maybe a prominent link on your site might help promote it.

I just placed a link to here on the home page for my site :).

I'll redo the message template in a few days to include a link there as well.

There's a few of us lurking but I think there was definitely a bit of a culling as the list migrated. I think also that many of the members were more into the "semi-passive" aspect of the email venue.

I actually liked the e-mail format - the messages came to my inbox, and I could read them on my Blackberry. The TalkShop script I use for the forum on my site allows for reading and replying via the Blackberry Internet browser, but still you actually have to *go* to the site in order to read the messages.
Brian Steele

Postby Brian Steele » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:17 am

dB wrote:
Brian Steele wrote:Hey- I'm still around... :-).

Glad to see you're still around Brian, How's Things?!?!

Pretty cool. Too busy to do any serious updates to my site these days, but I've still managed to squeeze in some time to DIY two or three full-range systems (if buying a prefab'd box, getting someone else to design the x-over, then putting everything together can be considered real DIY, LOL).

I've got a new car install to work on now - Seas tweeters, Silver-Flute midbass and Shivas for the subs. There goes my free time for the next few weeks...
Brian Steele

Postby gjo » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:21 am

Deon

I think if people now on the list like what they see, once you start sharing information about it, it is more than likely that they will spread the word about the Basslist HT speaker system. I have built the Audax HT speaker system designed by Joe D'Appolito, but hey, I might jump on board this boat as well!

George
Bangalore, India
gjo

Postby Shonver » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:43 am

Deon

If you stick with PE as the supplier (perhaps not even necessarily so), you could get these featured as a Project of the Month (or whatever they call it). Then, I'm convinced, it should get the publicity you're looking for.
Shaun Onverwacht

Postby dB » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:55 pm

Shaun,

I know. They want to develop a kit around it and be suppliers for everything and are offering to bring in drivers I want they don’t carry now.

:)
________
dB
dB

Postby scooter » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:44 pm

Deon,
I'm certainly interested. I've been doing a job thats had me listening to my music on headphones with a 12.0-28k -3db range. I lose everything above 12.5k due to hearing loss but I'm amazed at how much low frequency I've been missing. Even though 95% of my work is pro-audio, I'm surprised at how much sub 30hz information is there that the PA gear just hasn't been reproducing. More gear to setup and put to use!

Now I'm on a mission to upgrade both of my home systems as well as my workshop system! My old Infinity's are on the way out. If anyone wants some "emit" ribbon tweeters, I'll probably break down the boxes and let the pieces go. I'm going to add a sub to my Alesis studio monitors. These had already had the tweeters replaced with Vifa's and for their size they sound great.

Scott
Scott Newkirk
KS Sound and Speaker Repair
Kent, WA
scooter

Next

Return to DIYSpeakers general discussion