dB HT

This is the place for all audio-related discussions, which are not covered in any of the other sub-forums.

Re: dB HT

Postby mike mccall » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:00 pm

Looks great, Deon. Nice work!
mike mccall

Postby Planerguy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:00 am

Mike - you almost look like the last man standing here! I still want a set of your Erie's, but STILL couldn't afford even a used set, if such could be found. I did see a set on the 'gon a year or so ago..
Oh well, my big old ugly planar's will have to do for another decade.

Do you, or actually does anyone know if the old lsdg was ever archived? I come across vintage drivers sometimes that iirc had been listed there, but now the manufactorer's deny even existed... Can't blame them I guess, they need to concentrate on new products to sell to stay in business.

Hope things are going well for you these days. High end speakers went into crazy land, or junk city. No middle ground it seems, and you fell into that great opening abyss between the two back when you took the leap. .
Born a decade late unfortunately. Ah well....we still have Best Buy for those fabulous Insignia speakers, or similar...eh?

yes, you seem like an old friend to me; a surviving former basslister of no consequence.

Hope you see this, since yor last post was in March, 2013, I think?

Best regards my friend.
Planerguy

Re: LDSG

Postby JohnH » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:38 pm

I have a copy of the LDSG website I can burn to a cd if you like and send to you.
John
JohnH

Postby llung » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:09 am

Hi John

Would these be the same files you sent me in May/2011? If so, those files contained mostly empty directories. Have you gotten something more complete since?

tkx
-lou
llung

Postby JohnH » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:53 pm

Hello Louis,
I'm not sure what happened before, but the directories look intact to me. When I save it to a cd and open on another computer it's all there. I'm happy to send to you again electronically, or to mail a cd or usb stick to you.
Regards,
John
JohnH

Postby davinci » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:43 pm

Oh wow. I wonder how they sound. LOUD I guess. Hows the bass?
davinci

Postby llung » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:31 am

John,

Electronic would be best. How large is it zipped?
If there's interest,I'll publish it on my web site as-is.
thanks!
-lou

JohnH wrote:Hello Louis,
I'm not sure what happened before, but the directories look intact to me. When I save it to a cd and open on another computer it's all there. I'm happy to send to you again electronically, or to mail a cd or usb stick to you.
Regards,
John
llung

Postby JohnH » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:21 pm

Hi Louis,
Zipped it compresses to just under 10megs.
John
JohnH

Postby Planerguy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:57 pm

I forgot to check in again, for 6 months or so... If that offer on the old LSDG files are still a go, I too would like a copy.
PDF or similar is fine for me as well. Unless llung has it posted on his site now? If so, I'll just go there.
Glad someone was on their toes and made copies while it was still up!
Planerguy

LSDG / snippets.org

Postby Klaus Stock » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:05 pm

I spidered snippets.org when this forum was set up. Took me some time to find it, but here it is: http://www.diyspeakers.net/snippets.org

The copy does not contain the mailman/pipermail archives - these have been migrated to the "archive" shortly after the forum's launch: The DIYspeakers mailing list archive.
Klaus Stock
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to DIYSpeakers general discussion