LPads

This is the place for all audio-related discussions, which are not covered in any of the other sub-forums.

LPads

Postby JohnH » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:50 am

You guys might already have figured this out long ago, but I've just recently worked it out myself. Previously it's taken me lots of attempts to get the LPad tweaked so the response as flat as possible through the crossover region - with lots of soldering, making mistakes, resoldering, cursing etc.
What I do now is to use both channels of a stereo amplifier, one channel to the tweeter crossover, one to the woofer. When the crossover is looking reasonable, and I'm measuring the overall response of the speaker, I use the balance control to get the tweeter to woofer levels right. I use TrueRTA to do this, then, when it looks ok, I then measure the levels going into the woofer and tweeter crossovers, and measure the difference. Its an easy job then to use a calculator to determine to components on the pad. As I said, I may be the last person to have discovered this, but if not try it yourself.
All the best fellow tweakers,
JohnH
JohnH

Return to DIYSpeakers general discussion